Stroke Clinic Information
- We offer Stroke Clinics each Spring (March - April) and Fall (September - October).
- Stroke Clinics are open to everyone - you do not need to be a Greenbrook resident or member of the summer swim team
- Swimmers must be water safe and able to swim unattended. We do not offer "learn to swim" lessons.
- Each seasonal clinic offers two 3 week sessions, and includes practice daily from Monday through Friday.
- While it is not required to attend each day, we recommend attending as many as you can as our coaching staff focus on various strokes and swimming techniques throughout each week.
- You may register for either or both sessions.
Online registration begins in February for the Spring Stroke Clinic, and in August for the Fall Stroke Clinic.
Stroke Clinic Dates
|Session||Spring 2020 Dates||Fall 2020 Dates (Tentative)|
|Session 1||March 2 – March 20||
September 14 - October 2
|Session 2||March 23 – April 10||October 5 - October 23|
Stroke Clinic Daily Schedule (M-F)
|Age Group||Spring Clinic||Fall Clinic|
3:30 – 4:10 pm
4:10 – 4:50 pm
4:10 – 4:55 pm
4:55 – 5:40 pm
|9-10||5:40 – 6:25 pm||TBD|
|11 & Up||6:25 – 7:10 pm||TBD|
Beginner: Typically Ages 4 – 6
- Focused on the basic skills of all 4 competitive strokes with an emphasis on body position, breathing, and learning in a team environment.
Intermediate: Typically Ages 7 – 10
- Swimmers should be able to swim with their faces in the water and demonstrate rhythmic breathing. Basic competence in freestyle and backstroke is required. Swimmers will focus on refining technique.
Intermediate/Advanced: Typically Experienced Ages 9 and up
- Swimmers should know all four strokes and will focus on refining technique and conditioning. This group will move at a quicker pace and focus on advanced swimming skills and conditioning.