Gator Alert: Must-Read Information For the Rest of the Season
We’re in the home stretch! Just two weeks left of this amazing season, and
we still have 3 meets and an Awards Banquet to wrap it all up! Lots of
important information below – be sure to read it all!
- This Saturday,
July 20th is our last dual
meet away at Newport Hills. This is the
location with two pools near each other, be sure you’re at the right pool
before you set up!
- The pool address is 1899 Port Carlow Place in Newport Beach
- Please make job changes and swimmer sign outs by Tuesday at midnight!
- We’ll send another reminder with event and heat information Friday.
July 23rd is our
Pentathlon (no morning practice)! This
is a great opportunity for all swimmers to get another race in! The Pentathlon is a fun and very fast-moving
meet! Note the following:
- 6 and Under and 7/8 age groups warm up at 2:45, start at 3 pm, and are done by 5 pm
- 9/10 and all older age groups warm up at 5:00, start at 5:15 pm, and are done around 7 pm
- Don’t forget! 3 Rainbow Ribbons = 1 piece of candy at the snack bar!
- This is on a Tuesday afternoon, therefore job changes lock early on Thursday July 18th at midnight!
- There is no need to sign your swimmers out for this meet, and no seeding happens – just show up and swim!
- We’ll send another reminder with more information on Monday
Schedule (Important!) – Normal practice all this week! Next week’s schedule:
- Monday July 22nd – normal practice schedule
- Tuesday July 23rd – no practice due to the Pentathlon in the afternoon
- Wednesday July 24th
through Friday July 26th – Practice for finals swimmers only. Modified schedule:
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. 11/12 and Teen swimmers
- 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. 9/10 swimmers
- 10:30 - 11:15 a.m. 5/6 and 7/8 swimmers
Finals are Saturday, July 27th
at University High School (4771
Campus Dr, Irvine, CA 92612)
- Finals will be seeded on Monday, July 22nd. We’ll send seeding and additional information
regarding finals and job requirements by Tuesday morning!
- Finals will be seeded on Monday, July 22nd. We’ll send seeding and additional information regarding finals and job requirements by Tuesday morning!
Banquet is Sunday, July 28th
at 5:00 pm on the Clubhouse grass. We’ll be presenting trophies, medals, and
certificates to our Gators! Bring your dinner, chairs, and a blanket and
we will provide the dessert.
- Additional details will be provided next week, so stay tuned! This will also be the last chance to show off your Rainbow Ribbons to receive a piece of candy! (per 3 ribbons).
This season could not have been possible without all of our amazing coaches! Please consider helping us show them our appreciation for the hard work they put in this summer. If anyone would like to contribute to our coaches' gifts, please look for a large envelope in the front of the family files. Inside, you'll find cards to sign and a bag for the collection of money. Any amount is appreciated, and participation is completely optional. Cards will be available for signing Monday through Friday next week.
Brandon and Stephen
Greenbrook Gators Presidents