Greenbrook Gators: Potential Season Start Dates
The League met this week to discuss and plan for various options for the 2020 season based on the constantly changing environment we are experiencing. We will continue meeting and providing updates to each of you every 2-3 weeks until we are able to make a decision on the season.
The below potential scenarios are all in play at this point. Naturally, many dates will shift as the weeks go on. As of today, here are some key dates the league is preparing for:
- Best Case Scenario: May 18th start date.
- If this becomes a reality, we will be able to hold all dual meets and Finals as currently scheduled.
- Latest potential league-wide start date: June 29th.
- This will enable us to hold a few dual meets and finals, while still completing the season in July.
- Mini-Season Potential: Into July and August
- If we miss the June 29th start date, Greenbrook will consider options for a mini-season including inner-squad meets and potentially unofficial meets against local teams such as Green Valley and Pacific Sands, if possible.
- The structure and availability of such an option will be discussed in greater detail in the coming months.
It is our goal to safely provide an environment for our swimmers to get back into the water and have some fun at some point this summer. Once we know more, we will formulate a plan and provide updated information on prorated refunds, job requirement changes, and other aspects of the program.
As always, we remain available for any questions you may have.
Brandon and Stephen
Greenbrook Gators Presidents