Greenbrook Gators: Additional Information
Hi Gator Families,
Many of you have had a number of questions, so we wanted to provide more information to help you make the best decision for your family! We are still working on the details, but in general here is a sampling of some guidelines our coaches are working on - the full plan will be provided soon as we complete the details.
- Families will enter the normal entrance from Santa Joanana Street. This will be an entrance only.
- Families and swimmers must exit through the upper deck gate on the east side of the pool, opposite the entrance.
- Parents and swimmers for the next session will need to wait outside the pool area, in an area we will identify. Our coaches will work with families and swimmers to maintain social distancing in every way possible.
- All coaches will wear face masks on the deck.
- All coaches will have their temperature checked before the start of each shift.
- All surfaces will be sanitized between each age group practice.
- The number of swimmers in each lane will be limited. We are exploring creative ideas including but not limited to starting a few swimmers from each end of the pool and splitting age groups into multiple sessions. This will vary by age group and by the number of swimmers who will attend per age group.
It’s also important to note that if you decide not to start June 1st, that’s ok! We are purely trying to get an idea of the numbers per age group so we can plan workout groups and distancing accordingly. As this is such a fluid situation, much will change and we will continue working with you.
Regarding the League: We are still working with the league to understand what a potential league season will be. Each pool has a different timeline and requirements, and each team has a tough decision to make. As of today, there is no decision at the league level regarding other teams or what meets may look like, if they do occur. Teams will not be starting at the same time and are each being flexible based on their unique circumstances.
Here is the survey link again for your convenience: Click Here
Brandon and Stephen
Greenbrook Gators Presidents