Greenbrook Gators League & Team Season Update
Please see below for various important updates for our team as well as the league.
- We continue working to lock in a start date for our team
- The survey last week was overwhelmingly positive, with almost everyone ready to get back in the pool!
- While we had hoped to begin June 1st, the Greenbrook Homeowners Association has not yet made a decision to allow the swim team to start practicing
- Currently, we are tentatively aiming for June 8th and will provide updates as they are available
- We continue to refine our procedures and will provide them before we open the team for practice. Each family will be required to electronically agree to the updated policies once they are available - more information will be provided soon
- As of this evening and after many weeks of deliberation and investigation, a league-wide decision has been made that there is no realistic way to hold any meets this summer
- Therefore the League has decided not to have a competitive season this year
- Each team is free to run their own unofficial season as they see fit
- Our goal is to open our team to allow practices and, if/when permitted, "virtual meets" (see below) and social events later in summer.
- We continue exploring unique and creative ways to enable competition within a different format, including virtual meets with other teams where we each compete in our own pool. How and what comes to fruition depends on many factors, and we will continue to keep you posted as opportunities become available.
- With the cancellation of our league meets, all the associated jobs will be cancelled as well
- Any jobs that are needed will be identified and coordinated as the details become available.
18 Year Olds - One-Time Eligibility Extension:
For our swimmers who are 18, and those graduating High School this year, we first want to offer our sincerest apologies at the impact this has on you. We have valued your years of commitment to our swim team and wish we could have a nice send off for each of you. With that, we’d love to end on a positive note:
- The League has altered the eligibility rules for one year, offering swimmers who would otherwise have had their final swim season in 2020 to come back in 2021
- To be eligible, swimmers must have swam in the league for the 2018 and 2019 seasons and must be 19 years of age or younger as of June 1st, 2021.
- More information on this will be available as we prepare for next season, but we do hope you come join us one last time so we can celebrate you properly next year!
We will continue providing additional updates as information becomes available.
Brandon and Stephen
Greenbrook Gators Presidents