Greenbrook Gators: Important Update for June 8th Start Date
We’re excited to announce that we have received approval to open our team with the first day of practice on June 8th!!
As of today, we plan an 8-week session of practices from June 8 – July 31st. While we cannot know at this time if we will have any inner-squad meets or social activities, we will do our best to accommodate what we can throughout this period.
There are a few important things to know, and an action item you must take by Sunday at midnight to confirm you are joining us!
- If you are planning to join us, the first thing we need you to do is complete this electronic form, which covers our new policies and agreements for this summer: https://www.greenbrookgators.org/private/cw77t8b
- On Monday, our coaches will review those who have completed this form and will finalize the practice sessions and rosters.
- Each age group will have roughly 30 minutes of swim time with an additional dryland exercise period from 10 to 20 minutes
- There will be multiple sessions for each age group in order to safely distance (roster will be provided next week)
- The schedule will be finalized early next week but is roughly as follows:
- 13-18 between 6:30 and 8:00 am
- 11-12 between 7:30 and 9:00 am
- 9-10 between 8:45 and 10:30 am
- 7-8 between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm
- 4-6 between 11:45 am and 1:00 pm
- Cost Review
- In planning for this unique summer session, we identified that our costs will exceed our income in 2020. This is occurring for a few reasons:
- Snack bar, raffle, equipment, and other similar sales supplement our low registration fees in a typical year
- We’ve reduced capacity and increased practice hours to maintain swimmer distancing
- COVID Protocols such as additional cleaning, time spacing between groups, fewer swimmers per lane and other changes impact our staffing levels
- All families currently registered will be able to participate in this session at no additional cost.
- We hope you understand, and appreciate our goal of providing a much needed outlet for our children! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly.
Next week we will follow up with additional specifics including but not limited to the following:
- Practice schedule and assigned practice group
- Where to drop off/pick up your swimmers
- Where parents will be allowed to wait during practice
- If capacity allows, we will open a waitlist for additional families
Please note: All policies, practice times, and other components of this session are subject to change at any time. We will email all updates as available throughout the session.
Please be sure to complete the registration waiver before Monday!
Brandon and Stephen
Greenbrook Gators Presidents