Gator Alert: New Session Times and Other Important Updates
Thank you for an amazing first meet this past weekend! We are hard at work reviewing and finalizing all of the results, and expect those to be posted in the coming days.
As we prepare for the rest of this week and our second meet, we have a few very important updates! Please note the following:
- This Friday, June 11th is Picture Day!
- Individual pictures start at 3:30 and continue after the team picture; the team picture will be at 4:30
- There is no practice on this day - please wear your all black racing suits and bring your photo envelopes. More envelopes will be available on Friday if you do not receive one by then
- We have adjusted the two afternoon session times for the upcoming meets, based on our experience this Saturday. The updated times are reflected here and also below:
- 5-6 and 7-8 girls (no change):
- 8:15 am arrival, 8:45 - 9:45 am session time
- 5-6 and 7-8 boys (no change):
- 9:45 am arrival, 10:15 - 11:15 am session time
- 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18 girls:
- 11:00 am arrival, 11:30 - 12:30 pm session time
- 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18 boys:
- 12:15 pm arrival, 12:45 - 1:45 pm session time
- 5-6 and 7-8 girls (no change):
- For the June 12th meet only, we have extended the declaration date for swimmers to Thursday, June 10th at noon - providing additional time to adjust your attendance based on this schedule change.
- As you saw from the Meet Manager email previously, we are struggling to fill our minimally needed shifts in order to successfully run a meet. If you are available, please sign up for any shift you are able to, regardless of how many shifts you have previously signed up for. As this is such a challenging and unique year, we are asking for "all hands on deck" to provide racing experiences for our swimmers. In future years, we expect to return to the standard process for meets and jobs. Please help us make this year a success by doing your part!
Later this week we expect to finalize the results and provide ribbons from our Green and Gold meet. When available, ribbons will be located in the family files, which will be placed on the cement bench near the clubhouse during practice hours. Once you see these files available, please continue checking them weekly for ribbons and other information throughout the season.
Lastly, please remember to utilize the SwimTopia app. The app will always be up to date with the latest on event, heat, and lane assignments. We will continue posting line ups in the courtyard, but please note the app is directly linked to our meet software and will reflect any last minute changes. On the app you can see your heat/lane assignments, results, what event is currently in the water, and more. IMPORTANT: Due to the unique order of events this year, we strongly suggest you disable the "upcoming swim" reminders in the app as these will NOT be accurate. This is a unique situation this year, and in future years this will be a very helpful reminder.
- Coaching and practice related: [email protected]
- Volunteer job related: [email protected]
- Program related: [email protected]
Stay up to date with the latest information, always available here: https://www.greenbrookgators.org/covid-19